Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Chatter... Chatter

Its been a couple of weeks since I've been away from my beloved blog. It is not a case of neglect or terminal illness or the dozen myriad reasons that I would love to cook up to explain my absence , it is simply the common illness that plagues all the wannabe writers like me - writer's block , and a severe case of writer's block at that.

For the past couple of weeks , I've had one great idea after the other , only to discover that the words wouldn't flow when I open my blog and start typing out . The hours became days and days became weeks until I hit upon something I wanted to write about at about 12:00 am in the morning , when I was sipping a cup of chai , with KK crooning O'Mama into my ears via my current boyfriend - my I pod. Considering the fact that Valentine's day has just passed by and I haven't yet tried my hand at a mushy post extolling the virtue of that hallowed day which generates a lot of revenue for all those corporate houses that promote eternal undying filmy love stories , and taking into consideration the fact that I do not possess a single mushy bone in my body , I decided against a post on valentine's day ,not wanting to tarnish all those sweet love stories floating around

That drove me into a frenzy ,as I had  to arrive at something else to write about and immediately an image of the cricket world cup flashed in front of my eyes. There are just two more days to go for the ultimate quest to begin and soon there would be a team which would be successful in the quest for that holy grail of Cricket .I hope to God that it won't be the Aussies who hold it again, the simple reason being , why spend so much of time , effort and resources scheduling a tournament if you are gonna hand over the cup to the same team for the 4th time. Better schedule a teleconference and be done with it. Neat Ain't it? Now that I don't want Australia to win, and knowing for sure that SA and England would not reach the finals , SA being the traditional chokers and team England having enough Protean players to be called South Africa A , I find it real hard to choose a team to root. I ponder over all the remaining teams and still don't have a clue as to whom I should back. Consider this as the craziness of a cricket freak or a sheer escapist act , I have decided to follow all test playing nations and root for all of them ( Errr.. may be not all of them ). I just hope that this edition of the world cup goes without a hitch and is as much as a hit as the PEPSI ads that are being beamed across the TV channels prior to the tournament.

This presented me another topic to ponder about : cricket advertisements. It is sometimes said that cricketers have a keen sense of humor and that is reflected in some of the ads that they star in. The ones that comes to my mind immediately are the PEPSI ads for the 2003 world cup starring bhajji and sachin respectively.. Google the ads and you would know what I am referring to. These ads are unique in a way that they bring out the sneaky side of the team India. That being said , the most recent cricket ad that had me smiling was the one starring Billy Bowden and his famed crooked finger signal to indicate that a wicket had fallen....

And that immediately triggered extreme happiness within my heart . Feelings of elation and success smothered me and I was completely clueless about the chemical locha taking place inside my head until I realised that I finally had a topic for a blog post...

" Billy Bowden ki Ungli Hamesha Tedhi Kyon Hai"...

PS : Satisfied with all that humongous effort , I hit the publish button on my chrome browser... I was tired but happily so , having discovered a topic to blog about....


2 comments:

  1. Well Seems you will be having a lot of fodder for writing in the coming few weeks :)
    How about the post match analysis :P You can become the Siddhu of writing

    ReplyDelete
  2. well trying out my hand at wc analysis this time :) but no Sidhu .. The sardar gives me nightmares :P

    ReplyDelete